Parking at cape liberty

Johnl9999

Can you leave your car at the cape liberty parking garage for a few hours after you return? We were hoping we could spend the day going into NY and see the 9/11 memorial.  But couldn't find anything that says what the hours for the garage were.  We would Uber and take the path train into and back from Manhattan. 

47 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

We just did Cape Liberty, here is the only problem I see.  You would have to come back into the terminal, and that could be an issue due to how it is designed.  Are you going out on Anthem or Adventure?   

This is what I was thinking. 

Since you're interested in the path train, why not just park at Journal Square station in Jersey City.

(Disclaimer, I've never done it personally ... I've only taken the Path from Hoboken as a transfer and that was years ago, now I go directly into GCT or NYP via Secaucus Junction.)

Good Luck!

1 hour ago, bytheslice said:

The last time I parked in the garage, about 3-4 years ago, payment was made at the end of the cruise. From what I have heard/read online, that is still when payment is made, not prior to boarding the ship. You get the parking ticket when you enter the garage and validate/pay after disembarking. 

Sorry, thats what I meant, you pay when you leave the garrage at the end of the cruise.

1 hour ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

This is what I was thinking. 

Since you're interested in the path train, why not just park at Journal Square station in Jersey City.

(Disclaimer, I've never done it personally ... I've only taken the Path from Hoboken as a transfer and that was years ago, now I go directly into GCT or NYP via Secaucus Junction.)

Good Luck!

I certainly could, I just didn't know what kind of parking is available at the path stations.  We would be trying to park at a station on a Friday sometime in the morning.  The cost of parking would probably be the same as an Uber.  I'll start looking at parking at an path station. 

2 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

We just did Cape Liberty, here is the only problem I see.  You would have to come back into the terminal, and that could be an issue due to how it is designed.  Are you going out on Anthem or Adventure?   

We are going out on the Adventure.  

1 minute ago, Johnl9999 said:

I certainly could, I just didn't know what kind of parking is available at the path stations.  We would be trying to park at a station on a Friday sometime in the morning.  The cost of parking would probably be the same as an Uber.  I'll start looking at parking at an path station. 

True, could be limited space due to commuters. Fun.