Mediterranean 2021

Does anyone know when they will release the schedules for the Barcelona cruises for spring of 2021? Its my husbands 60th and my 50th that spring, so we are going to go big!

Also, we are currently Gold level with 27 points. Is it worthwhile to take a little weekend cruise before Europe so that we can escalate our points to Platinum level?

Thanks all

1 minute ago, jdlewis6915 said:

Does anyone know when they will release the schedules for the Barcelona cruises for spring of 2021?

Royal Caribbean has not released a schedule for when the next batch of deployments will be released.

More than likely, they will follow the pattern of itinerary releases they have used in the past. Some itineraries announced in late 2019, and the rest in Spring 2020.

6 hours ago, jdlewis6915 said:

Also, we are currently Gold level with 27 points. Is it worthwhile to take a little weekend cruise before Europe so that we can escalate our points to Platinum level?

I love RCCL and can't fathom venturing away from them.  That said, their loyalty program is a little "womp-womp".  You don't get any real amazing benefits until you're Diamond or Diamond Plus. Platinum might get you a better buy-one / get-one wine in the MDR or maybe a free shake.  Are the extra points worth it vs the money you would spend for a weekend cruise?  Not even close!

All of that said, I would never turn down a cruise  on RCCL of any length.  And we did the Mediterranean out of Barcelona last year for our anniversary.  It was AMAZING!!  Absolutely the trip of a lifetime and I cannot wait to go back to Italy! You will not regret it!

18 minutes ago, Stephanie said:

I love RCCL and can't fathom venturing away from them.  That said, their loyalty program is a little "womp-womp".  You don't get any real amazing benefits until you're Diamond or Diamond Plus. Platinum might get you a better buy-one / get-one wine in the MDR or maybe a free shake.  Are the extra points worth it vs the money you would spend for a weekend cruise?  Not even close!

All of that said, I would never turn down a cruise  on RCCL of any length.  And we did the Mediterranean out of Barcelona last year for our anniversary.  It was AMAZING!!  Absolutely the trip of a lifetime and I cannot wait to go back to Italy! You will not regret it!

There's also little difference from Platinum to Emerald.  We're now 12 pts. from Diamond, 5 by this time next month.  I look forward to being the menace of the Diamond Lounge.

We were booked for a sailing out of Barcelona last August, but had to cancel just before the full payment was due.  Very disappointed when that happened.  We will eventually book it again although that one may not happen for a few years.