MTD Anthem

Mljstr

I just tried to make MTD reservations on cruise planner for Anthem, April 12, 2020. That's 252 days away. The dining options just recently opened up for that sailing as I check pretty frequently. The only two times that are available are 6:30 and 8:30. What's up with that? You usually get numerous time options from 6:00 to 9:30 and maybe sometimes a few times are unavailable. BUT only two times? I even called RCCL and only those times are available-every night for a 12 night cruise???? That's not even MY time- that's their time. This doesn't seem right. Can someone explain????? Before you suggest I have my TA call, I already did that.

Book the one closest to when you want to eat then when you get onboard go straight to the main dining room and see if you can have them changed.  The other option is to use the non-reservation line each night.  How many in your party?  That may affect what is available. 

When we board we have change our reservations from 3 to 4 because hubby booked his own stateroom on our planned girls' cruise, lol. 

Anthem has four separate dining rooms that make up their MDR and they have each of them designated for a particular type of seating (early/late/reserved MTD) so they probably only have these MTD times for online booking because of that arrangement.   This far ahead of time for logistics reasons if they can funnel as many MTD folks into these set dining times it just makes things run smoother for them.

But when you get onboard they will have some alternative dining times available for making reservations and they will have a no reservations line/walk-up line as well.