GETTING from airport to port

Dawn42

Hi all, we are going on our first cruise in August and sailing from Rome. Could anyone tell me if they have used a taxi to get from Rome ciampino airport to the port and if so how much it was? We’ve looked at private transfers but they seem really expensive. Many thanks in advance. 

I haven't from Ciampino airport but I used Booking.com and Expedia.com to book multiple taxis around Rome. I found it was cheaper than finding a random taxi guy and paying whatever they stated at the time. When I didn't pre book I found the taxi prices were all over the place and I wound up having to share a taxi with another group going somewhere else. This was in June so it's relevant.

4 hours ago, Dawn42 said:

Thank you for your replies. There’ll be 2 adults and 2 children so think we will be better with taxi this time. I will definitely look into Booking.com and Expedia for a quote xx 

I was able to set it up months ahead of time which gave me peace of mind. Good luck. I flew into Fiumicino airport. At the airport the prices were $75, booking ahead of time was $55-68.