The Key on Oasis

Shari3

Does anyone know how much the key costs on the Oasis? Even though I have Diamond status I am considering purchasing it mainly for the lunch on arrival day and reserved seating for the shows.  I have heard on the big ships like Oasis you have to arrive very early and get in line for the shows even with a reservation and I would love to avoid that as my husband is unable to stand in line for a long time.  What is everyone’s experience with this? Is it worth the money?

The Key tends to vary in price from $19.99 to $29.99 (or higher) per person per day.  

Cats won't have seating challenges, Come Fly with Me and Oasis of Dreams might but then again many return guests have seen the show and don't always attend. 

As a Diamond you already will board pretty early on day one.  The lunch is nice as is the departure breakfast.  I'm guessing if he can't stand for long times the exclusive hours at activities may not have value for you.  That leaves Voom internet.  If you would buy Voom anyways that covers a significant chunk of the cost of The Key.  If you are not going to use Voom then the cost of The Key may not be worth it for just one lunch and seating at two or three shows.

22 minutes ago, Shari3 said:

Does anyone know how much the key costs on the Oasis? Even though I have Diamond status I am considering purchasing it mainly for the lunch on arrival day and reserved seating for the shows.  I have heard on the big ships like Oasis you have to arrive very early and get in line for the shows even with a reservation and I would love to avoid that as my husband is unable to stand in line for a long time.  What is everyone’s experience with this? Is it worth the money?

I didn't find the shows on the Oasis or the Harmony any more crowded than shows on smaller ships.  Our rule is to go about 30 minutes early (when doors are open), and we always get decent seats.  If you want the best seats, then maybe you need to go earlier and wait, but we generally don't.  The music is so loud you don't want to be too close to the stage, anyway. 

We are also Diamond, and we don't buy the Key, as we each get a free day of IT service as Diamond members, if we need it.  I find the Diamond Lounge or "drink vouchers" all we need in the form of extra amenities.

That said, there are many members of this site that really rave about the Key.  I prefer to spend my discretionary $$ differently, such as for a nice excursion.  Whatever you choose, have a great cruise!

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

The Key tends to vary in price from $19.99 to $29.99 (or higher) per person per day.  

Cats won't have seating challenges, Come Fly with Me and Oasis of Dreams might but then again many return guests have seen the show and don't always attend. 

As a Diamond you already will board pretty early on day one.  The lunch is nice as is the departure breakfast.  I'm guessing if he can't stand for long times the exclusive hours at activities may not have value for you.  That leaves Voom internet.  If you would buy Voom anyways that covers a significant chunk of the cost of The Key.  If you are not going to use Voom then the cost of The Key may not be worth it for just one lunch and seating at two or three shows.

Thanks for the insight! One other perk that attracted me towards the key is how they hold your carry on luggage and deliver it to your cabin. Granted it is a very expensive perk in terms of purchasing the key. I wish this could be offered to diamond and above level guests as well as handicap guests since some of our hands are already full helping our family members.