Dining Package Question

After our cruise on Empress in September my wife and I will move into Diamond status.  Would it be better for us to pre-book a dining plan or do they offer specials for Diamond members like buy one get one free or something like that once you are on board.  Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Actually, there are some small benefits.  First, certain rooms (e.g., certain balcony staterooms) that we book offer a free night in a specialty restaurant (for 2) and a free lunch as well. Diamond status gets you a discount on balconies, which then gets you a dinner....  If you purchase one dinner in any specialty restaurant, you receive one free non-alcoholic specialty drink.  There is no other specific discount I've received, other than the constant e-mails about sales with various dining package prices.  Others who use them say reserve first and cancel later if price drops or you change your mind.  Ship prices are higher than on-line prices.

There is also the Diamond Lounge for a free drink before your dinner, or use a diamond "voucher" on your Sea Pass to grab a drink at a bar as you head to your restaurant.  I like the hors d'oeuvres at the lounge.

1 hour ago, RoyalGreek said:

After our cruise on Empress in September my wife and I will move into Diamond status.  Would it be better for us to pre-book a dining plan or do they offer specials for Diamond members like buy one get one free or something like that once you are on board.  Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Forgot the scan.

Diamond Benefits.pdf