Barcelona transfer

Gdj

Hi all,

2nd time RCI cruiser, in August 2016 I my travel agent has had to book my cruise and flights separate to enable me to fly from my local airport.

Consequently, I have to arrange transfers from Barcelona airport to the cruise port.

1) can anyone recommend a taxi service?

2) previously RCI transported us, presumably I am ineligible for this service?

3)will the taxi take us to the ship or a check in building?

4) how do we get a sea pases if RCI don't transport us?

Many thanks

I know the rules in Europe are different in any number of ways....but I think the answer to #2 is....you can still arrange RCI transfer regardless of how you get there.  In other words, the fact that you booked your cruise and air separately should not disqualify you from using RCI transportation.  At least, that is true in the US.  Many times I have booked my own airfare and still used the Royal shuttle from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Hopefully I understood your question correctly...and those bizarre European rules aren't vastly different.

The taxi will take you to the terminal building beyond which the ship is docked.  You can't access the ship without checking in and receiving your Seapass card.

Anyone can sign up for transfer through Royal regardless of how they booked.  However, you're probably better off with a taxi from both a cost and time standpoint.