MDR seating

Nikkoo

Hi, quick one... We have a table for 6 booked in the MDR for our family. If the kids eat elsewhere will we sit on same table just the 2 of us? Or will they seat other people with us? Or give us a table for 2? We asked to be a table of 6 on our own as did not want our tribe upsetting other people if we can help it...

If your travel agent made the dinner reservation for just your family, that is the way it should play out.  if you made your own reservation, you know what you discussed with RCI.  In our experience, RCI always honored the original request we made through our agent.  We tend to eat with others, but we've made exceptions for a couple of family trips.

Yes, you will be alone.  They don't fill in the other seats, if you have a specific table assignment.  Now when an entire table is a no-show, I am told they may use it for My Time Dining or a "walk-in".  

Even if you select a "group table" at the outset, you may have nights by yourself because the other guests are no-shows. 

11 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Are you on My Time Dining or Traditional?  With MTD, they might try to put you at a table for 2.  With Traditional dining, you will be at the same table each night.  If your kids aren't eating with you then it would be a no-show.  Empty seats happen all the time with Traditional.

Agreed...my time they will downsize your table.  My daughter didn't show and we dropped from a 4 table to 2.  Frequently on our first cruise, we were the only ones at a 10 table when others did specialty.  Jane

Hi, we are traditional with the early slot. This is all great news. My wife is quite shy and having dinner with strangers would not have been her idea of a fun time and my job has me meeting and talking to strangers all the time so I want a break from it too ?

thanks all ❤️

7 hours ago, Nikkoo said:

Hi, we are traditional with the early slot. This is all great news. My wife is quite shy and having dinner with strangers would not have been her idea of a fun time and my job has me meeting and talking to strangers all the time so I want a break from it too ?

thanks all ❤️

Super, but when you do want to meet some other folks, the trivia games in the Schooner Bar are an option -- they work on "teams", so you can choose to join neighbors (or not) on a team.