Newark/NYC Pre Cruise

Christie

Our initial plan before Anthem was to fly into Newark, go to the hotel, relax, and get to the ship early the next morning.  We chose a hotel that had a shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

Hubby has never been to NYC and it seems silly to be so close and not go do *something*.  We don't land until 4ish.  Would it be realistic to do anything noteworthy in NYC?  If so, should we stay in NYC for the night and then go to the Cape Liberty terminal in the morning?  Or head back to our original hotel in Newark?

Given your arrival time, you should consider staying in Manhattan instead. If you land at 4, I would consider it a win if you were in the city by 6 given airport stuff and traffic.  So if you have to commute back to Jersey after, unless you stay up until some crazy late hour, you wont have much time.

So worth it?  Or just hang around Newark?  

I'm not a huge NYC fan... minus the shopping (not something he would want to do) or to go to this restaurant that is no longer there.  

As much as I love NYC and generally have a "get out there and explore" attitude, in this case, it makes more sense to stay at your hotel, enjoy some cocktails and take it easy in preparation for  a long first embarkation day.