Newark Airport Transportation

I'm trying to get a better estimated price to travel from the Newark Airport to our hotel, Hyatt Regency on the Hudson.  Looked at a shuttle / van which shows just over $100.  Comparing Uber and Lyft and both of those are coming back estimating at about $30.  Yeah, that's a big swing.  

So, who has done the Uber / Lyft (or another transport option?) from the airport to somewhere near the port or near the Hyatt on the Hudson and what was the cost?  This will be a family of 4 with about 6 pieces of luggage.  ? 

Guest toodle68

It will depend on traffic in the end. We just used Uber and Lyft in NJ and NY and the traffic was beyond anything we expected. The cost quoted by Lyft turned out to be double. One journey, we were nearly 2 hours getting to the port. I would hate to have seen the bill from a regular taxi. Since you are not going into Manhattan, you should be fine with Uber. 

Last time we sailed Anthem we stayed at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ.  That hotel has a complimentary airport shuttle so we took that from EWR to the hotel.  The next day from Embassy to Cape Liberty we took Lyft XL.  The cost was around $37 (I made note of it in my Anthem blog) and it was about a 20 min ride.  Upon return, we also took Lyft XL from Cape Liberty to EWR.  Also about 20 min and the cost was $40.18.

I would say that you are like us in that you would have to get the XL option of whatever ride share company because you have 4 + luggage.  Also, I like to use https://ride.guru/.  It gives a good comparison of popular ride options.

We land on Wednesday around 1pm, so hoping traffic isn't as bad from the airport to our hotel.  That trip won't be as big of a time crunch.

Expecting a little bit of traffic going from our hotel to the port on Thursday.  Planning on leaving hotel around 9:30, with hopes of being at the port before 10:30.