Freedom of the Seas schedule

I see the Freedom of the Seas is out of service from January 12th to March 8th of 2020.  We've been thinking of scheduling a cruise for a group of couples (March 8th), and I am interested in what is being done to her while she is laid up.

It would be nice to have some cool new features, but also I have concerns the work won't be done or most importantly, the cruise be cancelled after a lot of planning has been done by your's truly.  

Looking for some thoughts.  Thanks.

As a side note, the group of 20 includes some seasoned cruisers all the way to one person who has never seen the ocean, so making a good impression is important to us.  As another side note, a four night pre-cruise stay is in order in San Juan complete with sailing, zip lining in the rain forest, and a walking tour of Old San Juan.  So San Juan will be the port.  It's a matter of whether March 8 will work, wait til the 22nd (like the Aruba intinerary)... or possibly jump the fence to the Norwegian Epic in February or March.

8 hours ago, RCVoyager said:

I see the Freedom of the Seas is out of service from January 12th to March 8th of 2020.  We've been thinking of scheduling a cruise for a group of couples (March 8th), and I am interested in what is being done to her while she is laid up.

It would be nice to have some cool new features, but also I have concerns the work won't be done or most importantly, the cruise be cancelled after a lot of planning has been done by your's truly.  

Looking for some thoughts.  Thanks.

As a side note, the group of 20 includes some seasoned cruisers all the way to one person who has never seen the ocean, so making a good impression is important to us.  As another side note, a four night pre-cruise stay is in order in San Juan complete with sailing, zip lining in the rain forest, and a walking tour of Old San Juan.  So San Juan will be the port.  It's a matter of whether March 8 will work, wait til the 22nd (like the Aruba intinerary)... or possibly jump the fence to the Norwegian Epic in February or March.

I would wait until the 22nd, just in case work hits a snag.   Freedom is a great ship, San Juan is a great port and you can’t miss with a southern Carib itinerary!   Jane

15 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I would wait until the 22nd, just in case work hits a snag.   Freedom is a great ship, San Juan is a great port and you can’t miss with a southern Carib itinerary!   Jane

I concur with Jane, I would wait a sailing or 2 "just in case".  Love the Southern Caribbean & Freedom.  Even in Mid March you won't be competing with spring breakers going out of San Juan.