phones

How many phones are available to rent on Oasis of The Seas....and where on ship do you rent?

I have never personally used them, but I do not think that there is a limit on the number you can rent. I believe that they are abut $30 per phone per week. Also, one is lost or broken they will expect you to pay $1000 dollars or so. I have heard that you can pick them up at guest services or the "card room".

It is not a cheap alternative, but we pay for the internet package and use apps such as "whatsapp" to be able to text each other.

I rented two back in 2010, so my memory of the experience is pretty vague right now.

As I recall, there were not many to rent and if you lost or damaged it in anyway, you were going to pay for the full replacement.

I also recall having to go to a specific location on embarkation day to pick them up.

Did it on Allure a couple of years ago now, so information may not be quite the same for Oasis / out of date.

Phones were about $30 to rent for the week.

They were available through the "card room" up on one of the upper decks on embarkation day, I believe they said they would be available through Guest Services later if any were left (no way that would happen).

You could rent as many as you want but there were not a lot available. IIRC we boarded around noon and went straight there, about 15 minutes later they were turning people away because there would not be enough phones for them to get one by the time they made it through the line.

Personally we would not rent them again, the "Fee" if you lost/broke it was outrageous and the phones did not work well as we moved around the ship, but if you want them, go straight there.

They were talking about "letting the system die" wondering if it would make sense to replace them with something using Wi-Fi calling now that they have the Voom deal onboard, would seem like that would give better coverage, etc.