Do your kids like Adventure Ocean?

RCL4Life

My kids (aged 3 and 5 at the time) loved it.  On port days they can stay the entire time the ship is in port, and on non-port days they were closed from 12-2pm.  We generally picked them up in the afternoon so I don't recall what the evening hours were like. 

I have no children, but I do know several who have attended Adventure Ocean. The program varies widely depending on what ship you are sailing. Oasis Class has the best kids programs with lots of options and activities for them to do. The smaller and older the ship the less WOW the program has. 

• 1 month later...

I've heard in many places that the Oasis class ships have a much better program for Adventure Ocean than the smaller ships.  We've booked for Quantum for Christmas 2014 - even though the ship is somewhat smaller, do you think that their Adventure Ocean program will be pretty strong?  Any insights?  Many thanks, just starting out on the forum.

I've heard in many places that the Oasis class ships have a much better program for Adventure Ocean than the smaller ships.  We've booked for Quantum for Christmas 2014 - even though the ship is somewhat smaller, do you think that their Adventure Ocean program will be pretty strong?  Any insights?  Many thanks, just starting out on the forum.

Quantum will be great for kids.  It isn't so much big/small ships as it is new versus old ships.  The Freedom, Oasis and Quantum class all have the most space in terms of kids amenities because they were designed for it.

The older ships are in the process of getting upgrades to their programs and many have already done that so it's much better than it was, especially for young children.  But they couldn't really add more kids facilities on the older ships.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info on Adventure Ocean kid program.  Can someone help me confirm if kids under 3 but fully potty trained on sailing date be admitted in Adventure Ocean?

Before I book any Royal Carribean cruises, I need a positive confirmation that my little 2.6 yrs old boy, fully potty trained, be a admitted in the Kids Camp (must be a drop-off program, and no extra fees). Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info on Adventure Ocean kid program.  Can someone help me confirm if kids under 3 but fully potty trained on sailing date be admitted in Adventure Ocean?

Before I book any Royal Carribean cruises, I need a positive confirmation that my little 2.6 yrs old boy, fully potty trained, be a admitted in the Kids Camp (must be a drop-off program, and no extra fees). Thanks!!!

No, your child has to be 3 years old on the day you bring the kid to Adventure Ocean to be able to go there.  Your son can go to the nursery (if there is one) but that does cost extra.