Greece Excursions?

FManke

4 hours ago, FManke said:

Corfu 6hrs

Athens 8hrs

Mykonos 9hrs

Argostoli 8hrs

Thanks

Corfu is easy to do on your own. You can get a cab or the local bus from outside the port terminal to the old town. It's just a short drive. 

Athens can be done on your own. We got a local train. However I felt we did not see as much as we might have done on an excursion because we did not know our way around and by the time we reached the acropolis it was packed. Also, we could have done with a guide to explain everything we were seeing. If you can find a reliable local tour company that will pick you up early from the port so you reach the acropolis before the crowds arrive, as well as seeing some of the other sights, that would be a big plus in my book.

I can't comment on your other two ports as I have not been to either. 

21 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Corfu is easy to do on your own. You can get a cab or the local bus from outside the port terminal to the old town. It's just a short drive. 

Athens can be done on your own. We got a local train. However I felt we did not see as much as we might have done on an excursion because we did not know our way around and by the time we reached the acropolis it was packed. Also, we could have done with a guide to explain everything we were seeing. If you can find a reliable local tour company that will pick you up early from the port so you reach the acropolis before the crowds arrive, as well as seeing some of the other sights, that would be a big plus in my book.

I can't comment on your other two ports as I have not been to either. 

Thanks.

I've read that Athens is a must, but also a must for a guided tour, being that the city is somewhat of a commute from the cruise port. Also, a guided tour comes with a pre-determined reservation time at the Acropolis, which I'm sure helps.