Departure times question

cmm

Hi, another newbie question... we will be on Allure in a couple of weeks and the schedule says we arrive in St. Maarten at 8:30am and depart at 5pm.  I'm looking at taking a non-RC excursion (Random Wind), which says that it meets at 9:45am and returns at 3pm.  If the cruise ship is set to depart at 5pm, what is a safe time to be back on board?  Would returning at 3pm be cutting it close?

Thanks!

Hi @cmm welcome to the board!!!

It seems that you are clear that this is a non RC excursion so there is no guarantee that the ship will wait for you. Having said that, if you are back by three there is plenty of time to be on board before departure. Departure at 5 does mean departure at 5. We typically like to be back on the ship an hour before.

Have a great trip. St. Maarten is my top favorite island. A ilttle bit jealous of you right now ?

For 3rd party excursions, I like to be back about 90 minutes - 2 hours prior to all aboard so in my opinion you are safe.  We were just in St. Maarten and those excursions are a 15 minute walk from the ship.  Those excursions are very conscientious of the time people need to be back on the ship and know they will lose a lot of business if they miss it even once.  Accidents can happen but I would think they would have a way to get you back.  Even with a 4:30 pm all aboard time, the ship won't depart until 5 (not that I would even want to think about cutting it that close).  

Sorry I misread your question. I thought it said it is a RC EXCURSION. I am always nervous about taking a non RC excursion because I have had two RC excursions get me back late. Stuff happens so I only book the RC excursions. But that’s just me.