Thanksgiving (specifically Freedom)

pepperandchips

You guys are such a wealth of knowledge. Anyone know what to expect for turkey day on the seas? We're cruising Freedom Nov 22 (Western) and it looks like Thanksgiving would have been formal #2. Should I expect that menu or something turkey-centric? Should I instead ask for an Indian dish a la Hochberg? Just kidding, turkey tikka masala is for Easter only. In all seriousness, I think some of our party will be disappointed if we're not offered the lobster (usually served on the Jasmine menu which would fall on Thanksgiving). Any advice appreciated!

(Matt you should totally do a holidays at sea podcast. Just a suggestion but 'tis the season after last week's email about when the decorations get put up...)

Thanks again!

Melinda

I can't help you with your questions, but I agree with a holiday at sea episode. I've done two New Years cruises and one Easter cruise and they were great. I particularly liked celebrating New Year's Eve at sea as there was no need for a designated driver or to arrange child care. :)

We will be onboard with you pepper.

Based on past thanksgivings they usually serve the standard menu and then do a turkey with dressing item as an additional extra.

My expectation is that after a great day at Grand Cayman we will be doing turkey and lobster for dinner that night as formal night #2 is usually lobster night :)

(Matt you should totally do a holidays at sea podcast. Just a suggestion but 'tis the season after last week's email about when the decorations get put up...)

It's a great idea, Melinda.  I am actually working on a topic like this, just trying to get some logistics behind it so it can be really informative.

I'll be on a RC cruise for Thanksgiving too.  At the very least, I expect a Thanksgiving menu in the MDR, which I am looking forward to!

We will be onboard with you pepper.

Based on past thanksgivings they usually serve the standard menu and then do a turkey with dressing item as an additional extra.

My expectation is that after a great day at Grand Cayman we will be doing turkey and lobster for dinner that night as formal night #2 is usually lobster night :)

Woo hoo! I hope you are right. I would love that!