MDR seating

Marmaduke

Hi all,

First time cruisers and wondering what the story is with MDR seating. We booked through a travel agent and they suggested and booked "anytime dining" (Think that's what it was called?).  We have 2 boys aged 10 and 11 so the early dining time will suit us. 

My question is in regard to the seating.  Will we be able to get a table just for the 4 of us or will we be on large tables?

It's not that we are anti social but it is likely that our boys will eat and head to the kids club and myself and hubby will get peace to enjoy our meal on our own.

We get no time on our own at home and it would be heavenly to be able to sit and have our meals without the kids every night. 

Is this possible or will we more than likely be at a large table?

Thanks everyone

28 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Hi all,

First time cruisers and wondering what the story is with MDR seating. We booked through a travel agent and they suggested and booked "anytime dining" (Think that's what it was called?).  We have 2 boys aged 10 and 11 so the early dining time will suit us. 

My question is in regard to the seating.  Will we be able to get a table just for the 4 of us or will we be on large tables?

It's not that we are anti social but it is likely that our boys will eat and head to the kids club and myself and hubby will get peace to enjoy our meal on our own.

We get no time on our own at home and it would be heavenly to be able to sit and have our meals without the kids every night. 

Is this possible or will we more than likely be at a large table?

Thanks everyone

Yes Very possible. I strongly suggest you go online in your cruise planner and under dining there will be something called "My Time Dining" that you can click on. You then can make a reservation every night for the time you want and that way you are guaranteed a time and a table for 4 people. Yes you can wait and do it on the ship but then you run the chance of standing in a very long line every night waiting for a table.. I don't know which ship you are going on but I have found especially on Oasis class ships the line can get really long and I am always happy I have a reservation. 

You can check out the table(it is on your Seapass card) shortly after boarding and see if its to your liking, if not ask to change it. Two suggestions. 1) stick with the MTD(My Time Dining) to give you the flexibility to go at anytime really although you may need to wait a bit or stick to your scheduled MTD for on time seating. 2) something I do with my kids/grandkids; we often take then to Windjammer earlier and have them eat before us then drop them off at the kid's club and then the remaining adults can go have a nice quiet dinner by yourself. You could even alternate choices depending on your evening mood/schedule.

With My Time Dining, your party will always be seated at your own table unless you specifically request to be seated with others.

With Traditional Dining, a party of 4 will probably be placed at a larger table with at least one other party.  (I think the most common table size is 8.)  You can call customer service and set a preference for your table size.