We hope everyone reading this is having a wonderful Sunday and enjoying some time this weekend with friends, family and some good food too. There was a lot of Royal Caribbean news this week, and we have summarized all up into one easy-to-read blog post for your convenience!
By far the big news this week was the much anticipated reveal of activities, restaurants, and entertainment on Symphony of the Seas.
Royal Caribbean pulled back the curtains a bit, and showed off what guests can look forward to seeing, doing, and eating on what will be the world's largest cruise ship.
Among the newly announced features, the new Ultimate Family Suite, Hooked seafood restaurant, and Playmakers Sports Bar garnered a lot of the attention.
Royal Caribbean News
- Grandeur of the Seas will be the first cruise ship to return to St. Maarten since Hurricane Irma.
- Royal Caribbean launched a new video series that focuses on the local peoples and culture.
- Michael Poole is live blogging on Empress of the Seas this weekend.
- We shined the light on four Royal Caribbean drink package mistakes to avoid.
- Here is a comparative look at damage to Labadee cabanas from Hurricane Irma.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Did you hear the news about the recent unlimited alcohol package rule change? On this week's Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast, we talk about the new change and what it means to you.
Matt discusses what the new rule change is, why it changed, and what impact it may have on getting the drink package going forward.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Cruise Habit shared news that Celebrity Cruises now offers legal same-sex marriages at sea.
Cruise Cirtic has a new video about the craziest top-deck activities on cruise ships.
The Voyage Report interviewed Royal Caribbean's Chief Meteorologist on their podcast.
TTG reported that Royal Caribbean is attracting younger families to UK cruises.
Ship Monk reported on the passing of a cruise journalism industry legend, John Honeywell.