For fans of steampunk, there's a new cruise theme for you. The Steampunk Cruise and Duchess of Nola High Seas Ball will be held on Navigator of the Seas on March 16, 2013.
The cruise offers on-board workshops and performances from established steampunk writers, speakers, artists and musicians.
Steampunk is defined as Victorian science fiction, which is basically how industrialized 19th century people would have viewed science fiction. Steampunk uses this existing technology and structure to imagine an even more advanced 19th century, often complete with Victorian-inspired wonders like steam-powered aircraft and mechanical computers.
Other events aboard the cruise include
- The Steampunk Duchess Of Nola High Seas Ball
- The Chrononauts Parade
- The Magnificent Captain’s Formal Night on the Navigator of the Seas
- Performances by Hellblinki Sextet in the exquisite Shipboard Ixtapa Lounge
- Performances by Unwoman under the stars
- Appearances by the infamous Mary Robinette Kowal, Writer and Puppeteer
- Appearances by the renowned Author GD Falksen
- Readings with award winning Author Jay Lake
- Mind-bending Steampunk Confabulations on everything from, Steampunk History, to the Future of our Past
- Steampunk Film Festival sharing some of the best Steampunk Movies and shorts
- Ballroom Dance class and Dance Attitudinal workshop
- Sunset Sail Aways of Romantic Splendor
- Dinners in the magnificent three tiered Formal Dining Room
- Late Night Rendezvous on the top deck all glass wrap around Viking Crown Lounge
- Tea Get Togethers as you step back in time in the Dungeon Dance Club
- The Steampunk Cruise Craftroom Extravaganza Gatherings
- The Great Mad Scientists Monologue Competition
- Vintage Bathing Suit Contest Deck-side as we sail out to sea…
- Pipe and Brandy after dinner in the Connoisseurs Club (cost not included)
- Formal Portraits in your Costumed Best with amazing backdrops and green screen.
- Cocktail Party with Prizes for the weeks best! Prizes, Swag and so much more!
- Optional High Tea excursions in Jamaica and Grand Cayman ( Add on cost)
More information on the cruise can be found at steampunkcruise.com