Gift Vouchers

Momofdlm

Hello, I am new here so please bear with me. I have booked a Mediterranean Royal Caribbean cruise for August, 2019 through Costco. I was just on the website Raise that sell gift cards/vouchers. I purchased a $250 Royal Caribbean voucher and upon receiving it I realized it can only be used when making a reservation through Royal Caribbean. Now the voucher is useless to me. It is a lot of money. I am very upset. Do any of you know what I can do with it now? I have checked gift card/voucher resell sites and they do not accept these vouchers. It seems that it is only good for a new booking through Royal Caribbean directly

I purchased "gift cards" (from a fundraiser for our church) almost two years ago for a cruise that we took in December 2017 and then realized the same thing you did (that it had to have been used for booking the cruise, not just paying for it)...it ended up being useless for that cruise, so we have just kept them for the cruise we're doing next month and the summer of 2019...so they are no longer useless!  Just look for another cruise!

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, jjones said:

i just spoke to RC Customer Service and they said i could use the vouchers as on-board credit for drinks, etc. Is that not correct??

That would be the first that I've ever heard.  I never heard of anyone being able to do that. Stranger things have happened, but i wouldn't expect it to be true.