Change of itinerary - Navigator of the Seas

Geoff C

Sorry to hear what your daughter is going through, but, not to sound like a downer, but once you book a cruise and read all the nice little fine print in the cruise contract, you sign away all your rights to RCCL in the event they deem it necessary in any event to change the itinerary to secure the safety of ALL of its passengers. That's why I can't stress enough by repeating what I've said hundreds of times ... TRAVEL INSURANCE IS A MUST!!  Then, cancellation would be an option. It's happened to me and I received 100% reimbursement. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff C said:

Insurance would only pay a small amount for a port change nowhere near covering the total cruise costs.

Actually, a little bit of research does go a long way.  There are travel insurance policies that offer "cancel for ANY reason" coverage. Even if you sneezed just before the cruise and wanted to cancel, you could. You'll be 100% reimbursed.

4 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Actually, a little bit of research does go a long way.  There are travel insurance policies that offer "cancel for ANY reason" coverage. Even if you sneezed just before the cruise and wanted to cancel, you could. You'll be 100% reimbursed.

Just received our payment today for our "cancel for any" reason trip cancel.  I wouldn't take a trip over $2k without coverage.