FREE SPECIALTY DINING FROM TA

csziegler

New Royal Caribbean cruiser here.  For my upcoming cruise on Navigator of the Seas, my travel agent included a free specialty dining credit.  My question is, will I receive an actual voucher which I can give them at the restaurant?  Or is this something that just appears on my Seapass account and is applied toward a dining charge?  Thanks for your help!

What I received was an actually "coupon" or paper voucher that was included in my "Guest Ticket Booklet.". It has the TA agency's logo, says "Dinner for Two" and has a scissors icon as if it is intended to be cut out and presented.  However, the fine print also reads: This voucher should serve as your notification that the ship you are sailing on has received a manifest with your booking details that denote you are eligible for this offer.  Thus, it's likely not needed.

Doc, sounds like the same type of thing I received from my TA in the past (nowadays they just give me OBC instead of using some of the OBC to buy me a dinner). I used to bring it all the time and the dining room staff never looked at it or took it from me, they would just make the reservation and somehow it was free :)

Sounds like there is no consensus on how this works for sure.  I'll be curious to see if there is a coupon when my cruise documents become available.  If it just works as a credit on my account for a free meal, what happens when I eat at more than one specialty restaurant?  How do they decide which one to apply it toward?