Specialty Drinks and Wine

cruise-y

This probably sounds like an odd question - but those of you who cruise RC regularly will know the answer.

If I order a specialty drink, like a Mai Tai, which I assume will cost around $10 - $12, will I get a really nice fruity drink with floating dark rum, a maraschino cherry and a pineapple wedge?  Or will I get Hawaiian punch and well rum in a plastic cup?

I've had the pink guava juice and rum poured out of a much-used gallon jug in the Caribbean before, and I liked it!  But it was free and I was on a muddy hike.  If I'm having a drink by the ship's pool and paying $$ for it, I expect it to be nice.

Also, I know the wines in the dining room are usually pretty good if you buy a bottle or a half bottle.  But if I order at a bar, will the wines be limited and yucky?  Can I get a Prosecco by the glass?

I'm not doing the drink package because I can't drink that much.  But I looked at it just to see what wines were offered and none of them looked good to me.   

If you order a Mai Tai on the ship, you will more than likely get a fruity drink with dark rum, cherry and a wedge (maybe even an umbrella).  Most places make the drinks nicely and there is a level of presentation to it.  

As an example, I really enjoy bloody mary's, and I order them all over.  Some places make it from scratch and others may rely on a mix but in all cases, it comes out with olives, celery and in a nice glass.  

I do think some bars do it better than others in terms of presentation.  If you like a mojito, Boleros does a much better job than other bars.