Adventure Ocean - Accidents

betatke1480

We will be taking our daughter on her first cruise in November.  She will be 4 years old, and is fully potty trained, but occasionally has the rare accident, typically due to over-excitement or distraction (don't we all?).  I know you have to be potty-trained to be in Aquanauts, but what do they do about accidents?  Can you take extra clothes to leave there just in case?  Does anyone have experience with this?  We're not sure how it would work since it's not as if they could just call and tell you to bring new clothes.  

There's basically a "three strikes and you're out policy".  They realize accidents happen, but it can't be a regular occurrence. I encourage you to talk to the AO staff during the open house on embarkation day about this topic.  In my experience, they were understanding but made it clear that the child needs to be potty trained.  But one accident or two is not the end of the world.

They have some extra AO shorts, as one time my youngest had an accident in the nursery and I think we forgot to pack extra clothes (or she had already gone through the spare pair).

Another good tip is to always take the child to the bathroom right before dropping off.  And don't be afraid to stop by once and a while to check on them and ask if they have to go potty.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

They have some extra AO shorts, as one time my youngest had an accident in the nursery and I think we forgot to pack extra clothes (or she had already gone through the spare pair).

That answers my question there.  It *crosses fingers* shouldn't be an issue.  I was just worried about if it happened, making sure she would be changed or dry. I assumed she would be, just concerned about the logistics...