Anthem Transatlantic Questions

Hi Everyone!

This October my best friend and I will be taking the Anthem on her first TA! A few questions:

- This is our first TA, we usually love sea days, but it is a little daunting to be on the boat for 8 straight days, any suggestions? Things to pack or do? Are there usually different activities on A TA than a traditional cruise?

- I'm very excited to try out ifly and see the anthem's shows. At this point we are less than six months away of departure (not that I'm counting or anything). When can you usually make reservations for these actives? I was hoping to plan these for tackling dynamic dining.

Thanks for the advice! Will anyone be joining us?

In terms of lots of sea days, there will be lots of activities but the key is to try to stay involved in with everything going on onboard.  Certainly pool and relaxation time is important but you want to take advantage of being onboard by seeing and doing as much as you can on the ship.

As for planning, check out our Royal Caribbean planning timeline. It should prove helpful in figuring out when things will be available (generally speaking): http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/02/09/the-total-royal-caribbean-cruise-planning-timeline

We did a transatlantic last year. It was an absolutely amazing experience. If you love sea days, than it is the right choice for your. Plenty of time for any activities, a lot of things are going on the whole day long. We especially love the trivia team competitions and lunch in the Main Dining Room withe the salad bar. Even enough time every day for a visit in the fitness center to loose some pounds. But what I enjoyed most, was that my cell phone and my ipad weren't online and I couldn't check my emails and messages, it was such a peaceful atmosphere, like a time travel back some centuries ago.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a transatlantic last year. It was an absolutely amazing experience. If you love sea days, than it is the right choice for your. Plenty of time for any activities, a lot of things are going on the whole day long. We especially love the trivia team competitions and lunch in the Main Dining Room withe the salad bar. Even enough time every day for a visit in the fitness center to loose some pounds. But what I enjoyed most, was that my cell phone and my ipad weren't online and I couldn't check my emails and messages, it was such a peaceful atmosphere, like a time travel back some centuries ago.

This post and a couple others are solidifying my dream to take a Transatlantic Repositioning Cruise when I retire in a couple years. I would love to take one both ways but I don't think that works out due to the way they position ships by season. We will probably have to fly one way. Thanks.

This post and a couple others are solidifying my dream to take a Transatlantic Repositioning Cruise when I retire in a couple years. I would love to take one both ways but I don't think that works out due to the way they position ships by season. We will probably have to fly one way. Thanks.

I agree, I'd love to do one too based on the feedback I hear from others about a re-positioning cruise's virtues.  Sounds like a great way to enjoy a cruise!