Family Room Jewel of the Seas

Guest amejiajr8

Actually I had a family oceanview room on the front of the ship on the Jewel (FO-7004) in May 2011 for a Transatlantic. There is a big room that has a bed, couch, coffee table and I think 1 chair (could have been 2 but I think it was just 1) and then a smaller bedroom with 2 single beds (I suspect that they could be pushed together to make a double bed but they were separated for our cruise). There is only 1 bathroom. There was no television in the second bedroom. The room has 2 or 3 large windows that look onto the bow of the ship.

Since there were just 2 of us we found this room to be lovely and very spacious. Being a Transatlantic we didn't see the need for a balcony since there wouldn't be much to see except for sea (pun intended) and it wasn't going to be particularly warm. The Family oceanview seemed sensible and it was !

It is quite a bit bigger than a standard room - even a standard balcony room.

I would highly recommend this room depending upon how many people you will have. I would say that 2 adults and 3 children would be comfortable here or 4 adults and 1 child. Probably the limiting factor is the single bathroom. I wish I had some pictures but I do not.

It is really quite large.

Guest amejiajr8

Thanks everyone.

Actually I had a family oceanview room on the front of the ship on the Jewel (FO-7004) in May 2011 for a Transatlantic. There is a big room that has a bed, couch, coffee table and I think 1 chair (could have been 2 but I think it was just 1) and then a smaller bedroom with 2 single beds (I suspect that they could be pushed together to make a double bed but they were separated for our cruise). There is only 1 bathroom. There was no television in the second bedroom. The room has 2 or 3 large windows that look onto the bow of the ship.Since there were just 2 of us we found this room to be lovely and very spacious. Being a Transatlantic we didn't see the need for a balcony since there wouldn't be much to see except for sea (pun intended) and it wasn't going to be particularly warm. The Family oceanview seemed sensible and it was !It is quite a bit bigger than a standard room - even a standard balcony room.I would highly recommend this room depending upon how many people you will have. I would say that 2 adults and 3 children would be comfortable here or 4 adults and 1 child. Probably the limiting factor is the single bathroom. I wish I had some pictures but I do not.It is really quite large.

. How was motion since room was in front of the boat?