Navigator - 5-31-15

Howdy y'all!

Long time listener to the podcast and figured I'd go ahead and get on the boards.

I am heading out on the Navigator in just under a month; was able to take advantage of the 'going, going, gone' sale to get a good price on a balcony and an interior across the hall (5 total pax).

I almost pulled the trigger on either the royal family suite or the grand suite plus the interior, but couldn't justify the price going from 5k to 8-10k for the trip.  The only justification would have been (a) being in a suite for the first time, and (b) would have put me at diamond at conclusion of cruise....but alas...

We visit Cancun, Cayman and Falmouth.  While not my favorites, they are always a great time.

I have booked the ultimate package (did so last year as well).  I'm of the variety that probably comes close to getting value out of it, plus I like not watching my bar tab.

I'm also a big MDR fan, but may venture out for lunch at Izumi or a night at Sabor/Chops/Giovanni's.

Any suggestions on best place to parasail from those three ports?  My daughter really wants to check it out.  If anyone has been on Navigator in the past year, I would love to hear feedback.

Would love to hear any other feedback!

Matt

Welcome Matt!

I think you mean Cozumel, not Cancun, right? Or did the itinerary vastly change and I was not paying attention? :P

I think the best spot for parasailing is either Cozumel or Falmouth.  Everything tends to be a little more expensive in Grand Cayman, so I might opt for Cozumel because of the views of the ocean, island and the mainland.  I haven't done a parasail at either but if it were me, I'd price shop to see what's available.

I was on Navigator back in February 2014 and LOVED it.  Dare I say it's my favorite RC ship because of the refurbishments.  Do yourself a favor and book a reservation at Sabor.  Or four.  It's that good.

I definitely meant Cozumel...I save Cancun for my land-based vacations :)

I'm leaning toward Cozumel, as well...any recs on where to parasail there?  Only experience is paradise beach and staying in the city....can't remember if paradise beach has parasailing.

Also looking at the Royal Palms in Cayman (never been to Seven Mile beach, and we've done the stingrays).

Will probably stay on the boat in Falmouth likely, but may take my shopaholic daughter to the village area to get trinkets.

I went to Sabor on our May 2014 Navigator cruise.  Went with my 8 year old son on the second to last day because my wife was too tired.  It was solid, but I wonder if the experience wasn't as good because of the kiddo...I'll certainly try it again.

The restaurant the pqiues my interest the most, though, is GIovanni's table.  I've been to all the others (and Portofino's on other ships), but have yet to dine at Giovannis...

Can anyone tell me which specialty restaurants are open for lunch?

The restaurant the pqiues my interest the most, though, is GIovanni's table.  I've been to all the others (and Portofino's on other ships), but have yet to dine at Giovannis...

Can anyone tell me which specialty restaurants are open for lunch?

Here's a link to my Giovanni's Table review on Navigator (for lunch): http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/02/27/restaurant-review-giovannis-table-navigator-of-the-seas

I think it's just Giovanni's table and Johnny Rockets that are open for lunch