Scooter

Sharist1

Pinging @firegal2539. I seem to recall she regularly cruises with a scooter.

I know from my own questions about that a while back that whether you can take the scooter off the ship depends on whether you have to take a tender to reach the port. Non-tendered ports are no problem, but IIRC the tenders can't generally take the scooters as it's incredibly difficult to get one of them on or off the vessel, and they may not even have the necessary ramps or other mechanisms to let a scooter transfer from ship to tender boat.

You'll also have to check whether any excursions you plan to do in a given port can handle a passenger with a scooter, or if you'd have to leave at the pickup location and then reclaim it when you return. Generally, you can probably expect excursions marked as handicap-accessible / friendly will be able to accommodate someone with a scooter, while other excursions may or may not.

58 minutes ago, Sharist1 said:

I may have to have a scooter while on our cruise. Can you take them off the ship? Will we be able to be transported around the area? Just in general does anyone know how having a scooter works?

I rented a scooter this past March/April on our B2B cruise on the Allure and hardly used it at all. But, it was there if I really needed it. I strongly recommend you book a handicap/ access room. We had a balcony room and it was crowded with the scooter in there. At night, I called housekeeping and they would take it from the hallway and keep it secure overnight and bring it back first thing in the morning. 

By the way, welcome aboard! Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have, thee's a wealth of cruising knowledge here! :27_sunglasses: