Jamaica Excursions

Paml514

We booked a "resortforaday", we will have our 11YR Grandson with us on this one so we picked a resort that allowed families, usually we don't do anything except look around the port, we don't really like Falmouth that well, so we do a "Ship day".

I have in the past gone to Dunn's River and Blue Hole, but from Falmouth they are a drive. Someone wrote on here recently that if you pick Dunn's River you better be in good shape because it can be physically limiting.

On other islands or destinations I have done what @melski94 said and just hired a driver to take us around and show us the sites, if you do this make sure you negotiate the price before hand.

26 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Just to be clear, I never hire a driver outside the pier (especially in Jamaica).  I research guides/drivers on TripAdvisor and CC. I'll contact them and negotiate a price well in advance.  

Agree, sorry didn't speculate that, I also do not just grab a driver, everything is per-negotiated.

I will just grab a Taxi in Cozumel though...

No, resort for a day is not offered through the ship, it's a web site that I booked directly with, they are name brand hotels that offer the use of their pool and beach, some are all inclusive some are not. I picked a Hyatt for my upcoming cruise in July.