Labadee

Paml514

Hi there

This is my first time posting. We are cruising on Harmony of the Seas  in August and I have a few questions regarding the day at Labadee and hoping you all can help:

-Are there enough chairs to accommodate the crowd or do we need to get them quickly?

-Are there umbrellas for rent in I need to limit my sun exposure

-How far is the walk to the coaster from where the chairs are located.

Thanks so much!

Hi @Paml514, welcome to the boards!

This article from @Matt is a good primer on Labadee -- https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/08/20/first-timers-guide-labadee

5 minutes ago, Paml514 said:

Are there enough chairs to accommodate the crowd or do we need to get them quickly?

When I went last April, the Nellie's Beach area had the loungers taken up fairly quickly from what I could see. I was in a cabana for that day so it wasn't an issue, but I would say to treat the loungers on the beaches there the same way you would loungers on the ship's pool -- if you want one, grab it as early as possible.

6 minutes ago, Paml514 said:

Are there umbrellas for rent in I need to limit my sun exposure

No umbrellas that I'm aware of or saw on my day there. Per the above article, there are sun shelters available for rent on Dragon's Tail beach and Adrenaline Beach. The other beaches have larger cabanas that up to six people can share available for rent; only one person has to actually purchase the cabana rental, and then that person will tell the attendants who the other guests allowed in are so they can get wristbands.

2 minutes ago, Paml514 said:

How far is the walk to the coaster from where the chairs are located.

The coaster is towards the far end of Labadee relative to where you get off the ship, closer to Columbus Cove beach than any of the others. It's certainly not bad, maybe a 5-minute walk from the ship and maybe a minute from Columbus Cove. Do be aware that if you want to ride the coaster, it's best to do that earlier in the day rather than waiting until the afternoon. I went in the morning shortly after leaving the ship and going to our cabana, and I was able to ride four times in about an hour with absolutely no line at all. The rest of my family waited until midafternoon, and the line was much longer; they only got to ride the coaster once and gave up on waiting for a second ride, which made the all-day passes I'd bought for them something of a waste.