When will the Allure start dining reservations?

JohnASmith

Our cruise is May 24 from Barcelona but dining reservations still aren't available.  We got an email telling us that Dynamic Dining would be in place but have heard nothing since,   Apparently that has been cancelled but still I would like to find out what will be available and start reservations. 

John, I can't explain why they are having these problems with the online dining reservations system...you are not the first to raise this question.

I will, however, tell you that it is in your best interest to make your dining reservations before getting onboard - whatever you have to do to make that happen. I have heard so many nightmare stories about people having almost NO options for dining once they get onboard.

I'm not sure what to tell you to do, really. Are you in the US or Europe ? I suggest calling RCCL if you have that option....although there was a posting from someone earlier today that said that they didn't get much help from RCCL on the phone either.

I am sailing on the Freedom in May out of Port Canaveral and I had no trouble making online dining reservations, but I realize that doesn't help you at all ! I have already made my dining reservations for a cruise I am taking in December on the Grandeur so there's no excuse for them not having the reservations open for a cruise in May !

I think you are correct that the implementation for Dynamic Dining has been postponed (a good thing, IMO). I'm not sure where that leaves you. I will tell you that I was on the Oasis in January. They had not yet implemented DD either and we just ate in the MDR (one of the now 3 restaurants that used to make up the MDR, anyway) as usual. It was great, but we had made our My Timing Dining reservations before we got onboard and everything went off perfectly.

Bottom line - I wouldn't wait around for them to contact you. I would contact them and insist that you have a way to make reservations before boarding...otherwise, I fear you will have a very difficult time getting dining times that are convenient for YOU.

Thank you WAAAYTOOO.  We are in the USA and are Diamond on RCCL.  We have been on both the Oasis and Allure in Caribbean and were excited to discover such a magnificent ship as the Allure was going to be in the Mediterranean.   We are well aware of the importance of scheduling dining, ascertainment and excursions in advance.  Hopefully RCCL will get their act together soon. 

Our cruise is May 24 from Barcelona but dining reservations still aren't available.  We got an email telling us that Dynamic Dining would be in place but have heard nothing since,   Apparently that has been cancelled but still I would like to find out what will be available and start reservations. 

You are correct Dynamic Dining has been delayed until further notice on the Oasis-class ships.

Just speculating here...but I wonder if they will try the Classic Dining on the Oasis class instead of going to Dynamic Dining. I think the whole Classic dining sounds like a logistical nightmare but if they can make it work I think it's a reasonable compromise for those of us that like the traditional dining concept.

I do find it somewhat perplexing that they have stopped the implementation of DD on the Oasis class ships after making such a big deal about it and going to the trouble of transforming the MDR into 3 separate dining rooms. That means there must be some BIG problem that they didn't anticipate or they just met with much resistance from the old timers (like me !).

It would be interesting information to have but I doubt we will ever know why.

I am sailing on Allure out of Barcelona the week after you, embarking May 31st. I too have been keen to reserve some dining but it has failed to appear online. I contacted RC, they replied and said that they having problems with the online reservation system and it has been escalated to the IT department. They also said they expect to be able to take reservations from next week and this was last week, so they should appear any day now! I haven't received any communication about what the dining set-up will be however, only that I have 'My Time Dining' selected!

The ship is in dry dock end of April/beginning of May I think so I assume more information about dining will come to light around then?