For non suite guests, is there a quiet place to enjoy the sea?

My mom got me a gift, Anthem of the Seas bonding experience with my daughter and my sister.  We are leaving from from Southampton in April.

For a first time cruiser who doesn't know a thing about the cruise life I had two questions.

A)   I see from the blogs that suite guests have access to a quiet area (the wings I think it is called) where they can watch the sea and relax in an uncrowded place.

Is there such an outside place for non suite guests?    I am from the country and a little nervous about being on a big ship with so many people.  Four of us are going on a three generation female family bonding.  So I think my 14 year  old will love the excitement of a "Wow" ship as she will be escaping from the country!  Grandma will love the two 70 and my sister will love the shopping. 

Basically is there a place for reticent nerds who love books and dolphins and starry nights?

B)  How much is the coffee in Starbucks?  Is the free coffee pretty good?

Thanks for your help?

First of all, WOW !! What a great gift ! Congratulations. All of you will have a wonderful time. You are very fortunate to be going on the newest ship in the Fleet for your first cruise !

While I have never been on any the Quantum Class ships, please let me assure you that despite the perception that it will be "crowded", once you have embarked (which can be a bit crowded and lengthy)there will undoubtedly be places where you can get away and enjoy some peace and quiet. As a rule, the solarium is usually a very quiet and serene place. Also, believe it or not, there will actually be a library onboard ! ...although they tend to be inside without any outside views...but quiet, they are ! If you are in search of a place away from the hustle and bustle, I feel certain that you will be able to find it.

You sound absolutely charming (I love the books, dolphins and starry nights line....very reflective !) so I certainly hope that you are able to find some nice people who enjoy the same things that you do and spend some time with them.

It's funny. The first time I went on a cruise I felt very much as you do now....that I would not really enjoy the "mania" often associated with cruises but I quickly found that I enjoyed the energy that everyone else put out...and it became a little contagious. While I am never one of the ones out there dancing to the Caribbean band by the pool, I enjoy watching those that are dancing and having fun. There will be plenty of time for reading and relaxing but don't be afraid to enjoy the party as well. The world is full of a lot of interesting people. Experiencing something completely different from what you are used to is good for the soul. Remember - you have just as much influence on others as they have on you. Don't be afraid to share !

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise. You have been given a wonderful and very special gift. I am going to make a prediction and say that you will be the one, from your family, who will come away with the MOST from this cruise.

PS. Sorry, I don't drink coffee so I cannot make any recommendations there ! They do have some fairly drinkable Earl Gray tea though !

Thank you Member for the Kind reply!

Uhh,  I might have misled you a bit though, I am known to dance to music in my living room with my children laughing at me.  A live band might prove to be too much temptation.

I guess I should have added "bongo drums" to dolphins, music and starry  nights.

I will take your advice and keep an open mind, You were kind to take the time to write.