Snorkeling in Roatan

baltodave

We are taking Liberty OTS May 20-27 with stops in Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  I'd like to go snorkeling in Roatan (I've heard Tabyana is great for that) and would rather avoid paying RC's inflated prices for their excursions (unless it's the only option).  Has anyone gone snorkeling there without pre-planning an excursion? Or am I better off just overpaying RC or go with a 3rd-party?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

We almost always go through 3rd parties/private tours because my youngest doesn't meet the age limit on most RC tours. Plus, I hate being herded with a large crowd and overpay for something similar. I used Trip Advisor to narrow down the options and booked Roatan Eco Tours a year ago.

Very nice tour...great snorkeling in 2 stops with the half day tour then we were dropped off at West End Beach for beach time and lunch (lunch wasn't included in the tour). We had arranged with the owner/Captain what time to have a van come and pick us up. I think there was 13 people on the tour that day. Great day and one of my favorite excursions.