Difference Between Voom S&S and HS?

Fran S

Can anyone elaborate on the difference between the 1) Voom Surf & Stream Voyage Package ($14.39/day) and 2) Voom High Speed Internet Voyage Package ($18.00/day)?  As far as I can tell, both allow for streaming/video chat.  Screenshots attached from Cruise Planner for 4/9/18 Quantum of the Seas.

Thanks in advance - Fran

Voom.jpg

@princevaliantus@Matt - thanks for the feedback.  According to RCCL (who was somewhat confused as well), these are internet packages specific to the Quantum of the Seas out of Shanghai.  They only have high-speed and slightly higher-speed wifi options.  There is no standard Surf option available on the ship... it's either all streaming or nothing! 

We'll see about that...

56 minutes ago, Fran S said:

According to RCCL (who was somewhat confused as well), these are internet packages specific to the Quantum of the Seas out of Shanghai.  They only have high-speed and slightly higher-speed wifi options.  There is no standard Surf option available on the ship... it's either all streaming or nothing! 

Not sure about that.  These days, you cannot pre-purchase the Voyage option, but it is available onboard.  Perhaps that's what they are referring to?

I generally recommend the Voom Surf & Stream for everyone, just because it offers a better overall experience.  To make Voyage work, RC throttles the bandwidth considerably, so even basic surfing of the internet seems slower.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure about that.  These days, you cannot pre-purchase the Voyage option, but it is available onboard.  Perhaps that's what they are referring to?

I generally recommend the Voom Surf & Stream for everyone, just because it offers a better overall experience.  To make Voyage work, RC throttles the bandwidth considerably, so even basic surfing of the internet seems slower.

Surf & Stream Voyage and High Speed Internet Voyage are definitely the two different options available online - the CSR had to dig into the wifi notes specific for only the Quantum.  Regardless, I'll confirm whether there is a throttled third Voyage option in exactly 14 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So... I'm looking at my options for my upcoming Spectrum sailing, and I see *3* internet choices -- VOOM Surf (9.99), VOOM Surf + Stream (12.99), and VOOM Hi Speed (18.00). Can anyone who has tried the Hi Speed (maybe on Quantum?)  tell me if it is better/faster/stronger than S+S?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but this is the only thing I've seen that mentions Hi Speed.