Some queries about Traditional Dining on Voyager of the Seas

M K

Hi, we are going to be in the Voyager of the seas next month. Going on a cruise for the first time so have some doubts regarding the trafional dining slots. 

While booking, I wasn't shown any option or asked any preference for the dining slot. I have received the pre sail documents and they mention the dining slot as 5.30 pm.

Now does this mean that we have to show up at 5.30 pm each day or we can ask for a table anytime between  the start of the first and the second sitting? E. G. Can I book a table for 7pm?

We normally eat dinner late,  so I guess it should be better to shift the time slot to the second one. 

Let me know of your experiences / dknkhg queuing and procedures.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Welcome to the blog, MK.

looks like they’ve assigned you to early shift traditional dining.  I would call (or have your agent call, if you booked with an agent) and see if you can be reassigned to the late session OR if you want the flexibility of dining any time, you can ask to switch to My Time Dining.  You can always switch your dining preference once you’re on board as well.