Eastern Caribbean Shore Excursions

Castle3896

2 hours ago, Castle3896 said:

Hello.  We're sailing Allure in April.  We're interested in snorkeling in St. Thomas and St. Kitts.  Any suggestion on which shore excursion to book based on your experience? 

Hello Castle,

Welcome aboard.Two years ago we were on the Allure and stopped in St. Thomas. The excursion we took was called "Secret Sands Beach Exclusive and Skyline Drive". Excellent beach with a shallow (20'-30') reef about 50 yards off the beach. Very easy to swim to, no current and very mild surf. Crystal clear water with tons of marine life. I spent about an hour swimming around the reef. We're going back on the Allure for a 2 week back to back and the second week we will be in St. Thomas. I have booked that excursion again because we enjoyed it so much. Sorry, can't help you out with snorkeling on St. Kitts. :27_sunglasses:

On 3/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, rjac said:

Hello Castle,

Welcome aboard.Two years ago we were on the Allure and stopped in St. Thomas. The excursion we took was called "Secret Sands Beach Exclusive and Skyline Drive". Excellent beach with a shallow (20'-30') reef about 50 yards off the beach. Very easy to swim to, no current and very mild surf. Crystal clear water with tons of marine life. I spent about an hour swimming around the reef. We're going back on the Allure for a 2 week back to back and the second week we will be in St. Thomas. I have booked that excursion again because we enjoyed it so much. Sorry, can't help you out with snorkeling on St. Kitts. :27_sunglasses:

I second this!  We did the secret sands excursion when we were on Oasis.  Beautiful beach, and not horribly crowded. There is a guy there serving the best rum punch ever... it's included in the excursion, but make sure you bring a couple bucks for tips.

1 minute ago, firebuck said:

I second this!  We did the secret sands excursion when we were on Oasis.  Beautiful beach, and not horribly crowded. There is a guy there serving the best rum punch ever... it's included in the excursion, but make sure you bring a couple bucks for tips.

When were you there? Last year before the hurricanes or this year? We're booked to go back next month, just want to make sure it's worth it and also the young man with the rum drinks is still there.:27_sunglasses:

18 hours ago, rjac said:

When were you there? Last year before the hurricanes or this year? We're booked to go back next month, just want to make sure it's worth it and also the young man with the rum drinks is still there.:27_sunglasses:

We were there in October of 2016... so definitely before the hurricanes.  I've been trying to look online to see how the restoration is going.  That area goes by Smith Bay or Lindquist Beach This website https://iriematrimony.com/update-beaches-of-st-thomas/ mentions that Lindquist beach suffered some downed trees, but the cleanup was fast and it's back to business as usual.  Not sure about the rum punch guy, but I'm sure he's there as he makes a pretty good chunk of change on tips :D