Great, Safe & CLOSE to port Jamaica Excursions?

Lindsay

Hello!  This is one of our ports on the upcoming October cruise.  I've been to this port twice already with my family and we've never strayed from the port.  We always just shop and hang out at Margaritaville there at the port.  One reason is because we found that most excursions were a super far drive and we weren't interested in that.  I'm going in October with my Mom and I wanted thoughts on excursions or even just a beach to hang out at for the day?  The catch is, I'd like it to be relatively close the port.  I've heard Red Stripe Beach was great but I recall reading that it was shut down now?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!!!  :27_sunglasses:

We went to Rose Hall a few years ago for the day.  It was OK.  The drive was 30-40 minutes on a bus with several other Royal cruisers.  Food and drink was all inclusive.  To me Jamaica was just depressing.  The people we met were very nice.  I just could not help feeling sad for the people that lived there.

13 hours ago, Stev said:

I totally understands what you are saying. Jamaica is a little bigger than most people think, in fact it is 4,411 square feet. Excursions could be a hour away, but for most part the drive is scenic and so it is a great way to get to see some of her beauty. I think the next time you are on the island, you should try and explore the island a bit more. As it relates to Red Strip Beer, no it is not and was not closed. It is a great beer and it is synonymous with the island.
http://www.bestjamaica.com

5a9f774f1b6b4_BestJamaicaTours01.jpg.b90dff93323d277aebdb239fbc7b60a8.jpg

Thanks!