How popular are dolphin excursions?

Loopner

I'm wondering if anyone knows how popular dolphin excursions are.   We're traveling during Thanksgiving week and I'm given to think that its a popular time.   We hadn't planned on telling my son until summer but I do want his input on the excursions.   I'd hate for popular excursions to already be sold out.

Any thoughts on this?

We pull into Costa Maya and Cozumel.    I have not heard good things about the Costa Maya experience, so I guess Cozumel.

Cozumel's dolphin experiences are definitely superior.  RC offers some excursions as well as third party offerings too.   

There's Dolphin Discovery and dolphinaris.com

Cozumel's dolphin experiences are definitely superior.  RC offers some excursions as well as third party offerings too.   

There's Dolphin Discovery and dolphinaris.com

Have you been to either?    It seems like RC only offers excursions to Chankanaab.    And is Dolphin Discovery also at the same location?

Have you been to Dolphinaris?   How far is it from the port?   The only thing that's not thrilling me is their cancellation policy.  It apears they only give credit.

I did Dolphin Discovery with grandkids a year ago on a Disney cruise.  (Sorry, did I mention grandkids?)  It was a great one time experience and would highly recommend it.  You get to interact with the dolphins under trainer supervision and the dolphins actually push you around the lagoon.  Pretty cool stuff.

A word of caution.  Our five year old was afraid of the dolphins.  Probably look pretty big to a little one.

Also, picture taking is pretty restricted.  They want to sell their own picture packages.  My son-in-law was so far away that he couldn't get any decent photos.  If you want to buy pictures, bring lots of money.

Greg