Australian Website Issue

F1guynz

I seem to have come across a bug on the Australian website that prevents me from seeing my Crown and Anchor discount. I logon to Crown and Anchor and proceed to do a mock booking but the guest information on the left hand panel converts my birthdate into American format. As a consequence if your birthdate is registered as 10 August 1986 is loaded into the booking screen as 8th October 1986. This mismatch seems to prevent any Crown and Anchor discounts being displayed.

i sent them an email with screenshots of issue and agree my Crown and Anchor details are correct but are unable to help further They suggested calling the customer service line which I have done.

Well I tell you that was a frustrating experience. He has said he will escalate the issue to his supervisor but I don’t think he really understood what the issue was. He said he just works in the sales team and he could tell me what my discount would be but that’s not really the point.

i work in IT and can see this error was introduced after one of their website updates as it used to work. I have tried it across multiple devices and operating systems with the same result. I have also tried it with my partners account and she has the same issue.

i don’t have any cruises to book so I have given up trying to get it fixed. I am not the most patient person and speaking to people who can’t understand what I am trying to explain just wind me up.

Hopefully it will eventually get reported to the IT team and they will be able to sort it.

luckily I don’t have any cruises to book at the moment.

Vent over.

i need a holiday now.

I hope that isn't your real birthday, never good to post that info on a public website...

If you book directly at royalcaribbean.com.au (instead of logging in to C&A first) you can enter your C&A number once you have zeroed down into a particular cruise.  It doesn't ask for birthday, just you C&A number.

Search for a cruise, find one, click on it.  When you get to this point click on "See if you qualify for exclusive rates" 

5a5ed97b894ed_RCUAU1.jpeg.f56d32727840703c9b23b853c62b6a84.jpeg

Enter C&A #.

5a5ed9ae2b263_RCIAU2.jpeg.04bf0ab57aad5eb7e8f0dcdc69b23fee.jpeg

Screen shots above from the AU website.  The US website works the same way, I use this all the time to check regular rates and then C&A rates as I shop for cruises.  I've never entered my birthday.

I have an option to search for my Crown and Anchor number when making a booking and even though it says enter the date in dd/mm/yy format it won't find my details unless I use the incorrect date as above. E.g if I was born on 10-Aug-1986 I have to enter I was born on 8th-Oct-1986 otherwise it can't find my number.

@twangster you are right, if I connect to the Australian website directly rather than their redirect I can see the Crown and Anchor discount in AUD.

It is a workaround but now that means their website seems to have two issues.

1) The checkbox is not available on the New Zealand part of the Australian website.

2) The date format is not working correctly in the guest info and search function.

I think I will contact them via email again on the first point as hopefully that will be easier for them to understand than the date format problem.