Is there a way to find out which nights are formal nights before the cruise date?

Mike_

Hello,

I was wondering if you can find out what nights are formal on your cruise before you leave, that way you can make reservations in the specialty restaurants on those nights.

Also, on the last cruise I was on the had a "white" party on deck, where everyone wore white clothing.  Is this usual for all cruises, or just the ship I was on, or does every cruise do something special like this?  And, is there a way to find out ahead of time?

Thanks,

Mike_

I believe the white party thing is a Norwegian cruise event. RC has its own evening fun like 70s and 80s themed nights                 

Which ship are you going on?  On 7 night cruises usually formal nights are on the 2nd and 6th nights.

I have seen a "Glow Party" on several previous cruises, but I forget which ships. That's kind of equivalent to the "White Party" in that white clothing tends to "glow" better under the blacklights. On Allure of the Seas, they also sold various blinking-LED-enhanced trinkets (glasses, necklaces, rings, etc.) for the party.

No, it was definitely a "white" party.

It was on Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan Feb, 2014. Southern Caribbean cruise.

I, of course, brought nothing white. :). The party was a light buffet with appetizers on the pool deck at night, after dinner.

Mike_

There was a "white night" on the Jewel's 1/3/15 sailing as well.

I also didn't see any evidence of a dress code being enforced.  Personally, I don't care if someone wants to dine in shorts and a t-shirt, but I do get annoyed if they suggest that there's a dress code and then don't enforce it.  As a result, I just prefer that they do away with the dress code all together or go with a standard like collared shirts and pants for men.