very late late sail time ,what should we expect

Traveler

Hi all, 

First of all , wonderful blog and site , this is my first post but long time reader.

We are going to travel on the Voyager of the seas next month from Hong Kong to Singapore (10 days)  with port of calls in Taiwan and Vietnam, will try to publish some "live blog" as I can see not many information on South Asia itineraries.

Currently, the ship set to sail at midnight (it was suppose to sail at 5 PM but it was delay) embarkation time starts at 7 PM.
Any suggestion what should I expect per past experience on late  sails ? 
Would Muster drill going to be around 11 PM ?  MDR times will change ?  

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Hi all, 

First of all , wonderful blog and site , this is my first post but long time reader.

We are going to travel on the Voyager of the seas next month from Hong Kong to Singapore (10 days)  with port of calls in Taiwan and Vietnam, will try to publish some "live blog" as I can see not many information on South Asia itineraries.

Currently, the ship set to sail at midnight (it was suppose to sail at 5 PM but it was delay) embarkation time starts at 7 PM.
Any suggestion what should I expect per past experience on late  sails ? 
Would Muster drill going to be around 11 PM ?  MDR times will change ?  

Thanks.

Welcome @Traveler! I will be interested in seeing what others have experienced. That late sail time should throw everything off schedule.

43 minutes ago, FManke said:

Welcome @Traveler! I will be interested in seeing what others have experienced. That late sail time should throw everything off schedule.

Thanks , 

Well , I will share my experience in less than a month :-) .
But there are things for sure that will be impacted , like will we get our language at the same day or only during the night (which will require us to get enough things for the first night) ?
Will people that took the drinking package will get one night off the package? , how families with small children will attend the muster drill at 11 PM ? 

Apparently the ship will arrive empty from china where the previous cruise will end  , which mean at least once we will embark the cabins should already be ready (as they can prepare them while cruising from mainland China to Hong Kong). by the way the original sail time was 5:30 PM . Not sure even if we will sail at midnight , I suspect that putting sail time at 23:59 is just to still call it 10 days cruise and not 9 days cruise :-) , hope I am wrong.