Gratuities included kind of?

Just logged into Royals website just to check the "cruise planner" to see prices. In the dinning section they had to prices for the UDP and 3 Night package. One the price without gratuities and one with. I thought that was interesting. How new is this? This is Liberty out of NJ in October. I didn't explore further if this is the case with other stuff in the cruise planner. 

I don't ever buy either but I think they started adding the "gratuities included" to the dining packages fairly recently.

I know I saw people discussing that there was a pretty good deal on some sailings during the last CP sale. The 3N package for my upcoming Wonder cruise was $130-something (grats included).

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I don't ever buy either but I think they started adding the "gratuities included" to the dining packages fairly recently.

I know I saw people discussing that there was a pretty good deal on some sailings during the last CP sale. The 3N package for my upcoming Wonder cruise was $130-something (grats included).

We get it if it makes sense which depends on the ship. Liberty with only a few restaurants, no. On Oasis it made a lot of sense. Interesting they have the gratuities baked in there though, I like that better..

8 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We get it if it makes sense which depends on the ship. Liberty with only a few restaurants, no. On Oasis it made a lot of sense. Interesting they have the gratuities baked in there though, I like that better..

Grats included makes a big difference for sure.

My example was a good deal on paper if you wanted to eat at the more expensive restaurants. I looked at it just for the heck of it.  It just doesn't fit our personal preferences.

Part of me wishes we actually spent more on CP items, lol. I see what I know is a good deal... but on stuff we don't want.