Getting off Ship on Embarkation Day after Check In (PORT DAY)

Hi, our ship itinerary has changed just a couple of weeks before our trip, and it seems that the ship will now depart in the middle of the night rather than during the day on the first day. Since we have fixed check in times, would it be possible to check in, then disembark to spend some more time in embarkation port, then re-board later on in the evening? Wasn't sure if this is allowed since it's check in day. Also, would this mean that the shops on board wouldn't be able to open until day 2?

Thanks!

If I am not mistaken, your check in time is the earliest you are allowed to check in but it is not a requirement.  Most scenarios you can embark as late as 90 minutes before the published departure time.  So as long as that time has adjusted with your itinerary change you could always just check in later. If you are looking to drop bags keep in mind that rooms are usually not ready until 2pm regardless of when you check in.

I do not actually know the answer to your board/disembark/reboard question but I believe b2b cruisers are allowed to leave the ship so there must be a mechanism to accomplish this.  Maybe they can weigh in?

Shops are controlled by port agreements and local regulation but most likely they will not be open unless you are at sea.  

The check-in time, while supposed to be a fixed time, is really just a "no earlier than" time and even just a suggestion.

Just go enjoy your day and show up at the port when you're ready to board. But just make sure you take note of the all aboard time, which may not have changed from your original itinerary.

I wouldn’t count on being able to board the ship and then get off. If you want to board later than your arrival time, please be sure to triple check your final boarding time. Just because the ship may leave at say midnight, that does not mean there will be port workers and customs officials at the port to process people coming in after the final boarding time.