Switching occupants onboard

So last February we did a Next cruise booking for 2 cabins, planning to go to Alaska. Once we were home we booked Ovation and put myself and DD in one cabin, DH and FIL in the other for purposes of D+ balcony discount. Final payment has been made, we are even checked in already. So I called to swap DD and DH in the cabins. I was told I could not since one of the original occupants had to remain in the cabin. I argued that one was. They said since the next cruise booking had DH and I in both cabins, we cannot change. I disagree, but ok I will deal with it onboard, as others have done.

My question is since we can't get to the cabins until 1 to get seapass cards, can we get things switched and new cards at guest services before that, or do we need the existing cards to give them? I know they just deactivate the old ones (DH lost his once) 

I have to move DH "officially" to my cabin, since that is the one with all the OBC.

Thanks for any help.

6 hours ago, VeronicaS1970 said:

Thank you! Just helps to know I can head right to guest services and get it  done

I had 4 cabins swapping people.

i wrote a list for the poor guest service agent who would be stuck helping us.

John smith from cabin 123 to cabin 456
Mary smith from cabin 456 to cabin 123
Etc,
It left little room for error.  
the agent was very happy to see the list.