First timer Symphony of the seas May 31st. NJ to Bahamas

Ok, let me here all the do's and don'ts

I took a short Carnival cruise to Cabo a couple years ago but never been on Royal (or an Oasis class ship) nor been to the Bahamas.

Will I get lost on the ship?

I get lost.......easily.  Just wondering because well, the ship is huge.

I don't think we are going to get off the ship in Florida, nothing to do and more to do on the ship.

Husband wants to do Atlantis in Nassau and despite doing a waterpark the day before I want to do the waterpark at Coco Cay.

It will be me, my husband and our 18 year old son (who has autism but is verbal and functional)

Are there lots of lines for the activities on the ship?  Are certain times better than other times?

The entertainment list isn't up on the website yet.  What entertainment have you seen on Symphony of the seas and should we make sure to see?

Is there enough time for seven days to do everything?

I thank you in advance for all your advice.

Well ... that is a boatload of questions.

Will you get lost? Probably. Even though the ship is huge, its still a confined space and you can not go but so far in any direction. There are signs every where. There is an acrylic model of the ship on every level near the elevators that show where you are and where all the major venues on the ship are. I think everyone gets 'lost'. Most common is looking for your cabin. It can be easy to to go to the wrong side of the ship. On some decks, the hall or passageway runs the entire length of the ship with cabin doors on both sides. It is kind of a long walk from one end of the ship to the other, especially if you are looking for your room on the wrong side. However, again, there are signs in the 'foyer' of each deck with the room numbers much like any hotel.  Rest assured that after a day or two, you will be pretty comfortable navigating the ship. When you first board, you will be amazed .... and clueless. Board as early as you can and use the 4 or 5 hours before the ship sets sail to familiarized yourself with where your cabin is, where the main dining room is, the pools and so on. Get a bite to eat and just wander around. You will figure out the basic layout and enjoy all the things offered from the auditorium to central park and everything in-between.

Lines ... yes, sometimes there will be lines. Mostly at the elevator during busy times or major activities like dinner time or just before shows start and when they end. There are always stairs that are less used and help to burn off some of those deserts you will have. Be patient. Any crowded areas are usually short term and disperse pretty quickly.

CoCo Cay ... its a large area with lots of nooks and crannies. The water park is an additional cost and I do not care for them that much. My view from out side is they are not very crowded. I would offer the same advise for most every big activity's, scope out the venue early in person or with a map so you know where you are going. Get there early, stake out your spot and enjoy.

I think 'Hairspray' is the main theater show. I would definitely catch the Aqua show on the back of the ship as well as the ice skating show. It can vary but be aware some shows may require a reservation. Make them on line early if you can or make it part of your to do list when you first board.

Is 7 days enough time .... well ... you can do a lot. With a bit of planning, you can pretty much do it all. Is it enough time? Very rarely do I leave the ship without wishing  we were spending another week on board.

Don't stress over anything. Enjoy. It will be and experience you will remember. Keep in mind that every crew member will help you with any questions along the way.

You can’t get lost on the ship. At each elevator stop there is a map of the floor, and on each stop is a map of the ship, all the floors and highlighted spots. There is also a video board to key in your cabin number and, like a GPS, it’ll draw a map to your room. After your board, take the time to explore the ship and get your bearings. The Oasis is a beautiful ship, enjoy her. 

There are more activities on the ship than you can imagine. On the top of this page, click on “cruise compass” and see the activities on prior cruises. If it’s in your budget, Atlantas is more than a water park, like a giant aquarium. Beware it is super expensive to go there, eat and drink there. 

Reserve all the highlighted shows they are spectacular. You can always leave during a break if it’s not to your liking.  Even though the ship might be full, you won’t find many lines. If you do they move quick.

Enjoy, she’s one of my favorite ships in the fleet. 

Best way to not get lidt

look up your cabin # snd figure out your closest elevators.  Are they aft or forward?  Then try and only use those elevators or be aware which direction your elevators are. 

aft elevators are windjammer and dining room.  That’s likely the majority of your meals.

forward elevators are theater and fitness center..

look at deck plans for other items you are interested in and note which elevator it is.

Next: once you exit the elevator and are sure which direction your cabin is-when you face the stairs-look at the artwork by the stairs.  “Oh there’s the picture of ____” I turn left…to my hall and then turn right…..  sometimes if you are fortunate the person who has the cabin off the elevator has a decoration you’ll temper, making it easy to note where to turn

also I use the outside pool deck, Central Park or deck 5 promenade  to go forward or aft.  It’s so much nicer to “see things” than to walk down long corridors only to find out you went the wrong way!

i like this website for deck plans

https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Symphony-Of-The-Seas-1730