Skyride & Pirates Treasure Museum St. Thomas

Baked Alaska

Hello everyone! 

EDIT: After reading other reviews and adding costs, it's cheaper, and more allows more freedom to do this on our own.

Has anyone done this excursion? How do we get back down from the Skyride (Paradise Point)? Do we take the Skyride back down, or do they mass bus us to the next stop? I'm considering doing this alone, but I wanted opinions on this excursion. 

image.thumb.png.fcc7db7506689aa288ca66618095c961.png

Edited by Baked Alaska

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 12:49 PM, Baked Alaska said:

Hello everyone! 

EDIT: After reading other reviews and adding costs, it's cheaper, and more allows more freedom to do this on our own.

Has anyone done this excursion? How do we get back down from the Skyride (Paradise Point)? Do we take the Skyride back down, or do they mass bus us to the next stop? I'm considering doing this alone, but I wanted opinions on this excursion. 

image.thumb.png.fcc7db7506689aa288ca66618095c961.png

We just did this while aboard Wonder last month. The Museum and the Skyride are both in the same place. You can do one then the other. You will take a shuttle bus from the pier to the Museum/Skyride location. You can then stroll through the museum at your leisure then take the Skyride up to Paradise Point. Up there you will find souvenir shops, a bar and restaurant. The views were really spectacular, as we had a clear day. Then you take the Skyride back down to the Museum level, where you were dropped off. Your bus driver will tell you the time you will be picked up for your return to the ship. We were on one of the later tours and were slightly delayed getting to the location. As a result, the Museum staff made us aware that they were only still open because they were waiting for us. Therefore, we felt a bit rushed and didn’t spend as much time in the museum as we would have wanted. One of the reasons we rushed through the museum is because we were  given the impression that there was a long waiting time to get on the Skyride, which, as it turned out, was not the case. So we rushed for no reason. That was our only regret. Other than that, it was a nice way to spend an afternoon.