Portland Maine to Freeport Maine?

RCIfan1912

Rental cars are usually a better option for a longer trip like that and provide much more time flexibility. 

I used the Enterprise location in downtown to drive to Kennebunkport.  It's about a mile from the port so it's walkable or Uber was about $6 each way.  The airport also has several other rental company options and isn't too far from the port.  Just like most things, go ahead and create a reservation now and watch for price drops throughout the year.  I also like the fact that rental car reservations don't require any deposit up front and you can just no show with no penalty if another option presents itself.

1 hour ago, SaGc said:

There's also the Metro BREEZ public bus: https://gpmetro.org/155/Metro-BREEZ. The India/Congress Street stop in Portland is super close to the ship's terminal, and drops you off right in front of LL Bean in Freeport.

That's exactly what I was looking at. I love the idea but we have to plan correctly so we are back to the ship. How frequent are the busses and can we get back in time is the question. Thanks for the suggestion. 

On 11/27/2023 at 5:57 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Well we can scrap the bus idea, they don't run on Sundays. So it's either Uber, or rent a car. Our son will be almost 3 for that cruise so I'm not sure how that works with babies and all as far as car seats go. 

Most rental car companies can provide a car seat if requested.  It might be an additional cost though.