Europe Summer 2025 Available

The replies to the original topic "Europe Summer 2025 Available" have focused on flight costs. This is worthy of a forum topic by itself. Alternatively, for understanding the world of air travel, I spend a lot of time reading articles on The Points Guy (The Points Guy - Maximize your travel.) I share this hoping that people can find ways to reduce their airfare costs.

15 hours ago, TessFromFlorida said:

I set Google Flight alerts and "reprice" my Delta flights when it drops (sometimes by several hundred dollars) by switching back and forth between flight times or comfort + and main cabin. The savings goes towards ecredits. I am out of Tampa and fly into Heathrow, so I am fortunate to have enough flights running daily between Delta and Virgin to be able to do this. Unlike cruises, the best price on flights isn't when it first comes out so you need to keep an eye on it. This plus Skymiles takes a tiny bit of the sting off at these prices. I also fly in and out Tuesday or Wednesday when the prices are typically lower. 

Agree.  Best prices are not as soon as you can book them, unlike cruise prices.   Just check to get a base price and keep checking over next few weeks or months.   Most expensive days to fly are Fridays and Sundays.    London has 3 airports. As many cities have more than 1 airport or another airport very close.  Check all those airport options when looking for flights.  Look for deals.  I have booked flights from less expensive airport to or from Europe, and then another flight within the US to home.  Lots of ways to save money.  Also get an airlines credit card.  You sometimes can get enough points by just opening the account for Europe tickets.  At least 1.   Or roundtrip US tickets to a less expensive airport for Europe.    Or be creative, like some of our friends.  They got 3 credit airline credit cards for the points they offered for new accounts.  They then took 3 different airlines to and from Australia.