Main Person in Room

Bigflee55

We are taking a family cruise in Feb. My 2 daughters each booked rooms with 1 daughter paying for both. Now the daughter that didn't pay can't go but is still listed as the main Person in the room. We want to keep the room as another family member is now going but we have been unable to get daughters name off reservation because because she booked room. Is there a way it remove her from reservation? Could we just list her as a no show and use the room anyway? If we rebook room the cost has risen significantly. Thank you and hope you understand question..lol

On 11/3/2023 at 9:39 AM, Xaa said:

One of the adults that were listed on the room needs to remain.  If that's the case, then another guest can be swapped out.  I can't tell from your post if that's the case or not.

There was only 1 adult in the room and she is the one who can't go on the cruise.

Then her cabin/reservation will need to be canceled and rebooked with another adult. There is no way to just swap names in this case since there is only one adult. You could add the new adult taking her place to the reservation as the 3rd cabin occupant, but then you would have to “eat” the cruise fare for the daughter who will be a no-show. Adding the new person will be cheaper as a 3rd occupant to a room versus the 1st on a new reservation. Of course this assumes the cabin is able to occupy 3 to begin with. 

We had this happen last April. There was originally 7 people going and we had booked 4 rooms. The person who could not go had a room to themselves. We moved my 17 year old son onto the reservation of the person who could not go and were allowed to keep the room. If we hadn't done this we would've lost the money for the room and would not have been allowed access to the room. 

It was not an adjoining room but was across the hall from us. We were not allowed to add a "3rd" person to the room because it was only rated for 2 but at least we didn't lose the room. I hope this helps. 

Kate