Large Group Pre-Cruise Questions

Karie

Hello Cruisers,

I am arranging travel/lodging for a group of 24. We are flying into Miami late on a Friday night and boarding the cruise Sunday. I've never been to Miami. Was hoping to book either a hotel or an air bnb close enough to the port that we can tool around on foot for the short time we're there and then order a shuttle or lyfts to get to the port. Have any of you booked for large groups like this and if so, what did you do for pre cruise stay? Can hotel shuttles accommodate this many people or is there an independent shuttle company I should look into? Is walking realistic or is renting a couple passenger vans my best bet? Ive heard the port is really congested though so Im trying to plan accordingly and feel out all options. In a perfect world each family in our group could rent a car and stay where they'd prefer, but I'm trying to bundle us in as many areas as possible to help keep things cost friendly for some of our members. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Personally, as the travel planner for my family….I’d price out the hotels first if money is one of your concerns.  Staying in Miami can be pricey.  
I’ve stayed at an airport hotel that offers $10 per person shuttle but if I’m with my family if 4 or more than I may as well Uber to port as it will save a few $.

lastly, booking hotels with the expectation people will actually do anything in the area may not be realistic . Unless you are ordering options to people they will not necessarily go out to explore.  Arriving late on a Friday for a cruise on Saturday dies not leave much time for tooling around. You might be better off finding a hotel with a pool that’s open late.